Who can do FSOR?
- FSOR Kids are between ages 9 to 16.
- Absolute beginners on an instrument may struggle to keep up. But you don’t need to be able to shred! Not at first… see FAQ > Do you need previous musical experience for more details.Minimum Standards:
- Guitarists: should be able to play at least 3-5 chords + ‘The Power Chord’. They need to know the string names and the fretboard well enough to follow instructions (eg, play the A-string, 7th fret)
- Bassists: Need to know the string names and the fretboard well enough to follow instructions (eg, play the D-string, 10th fret)
- Keyboardists: should know the names of the notes (keyboard layout)
- Drummers: need to be able to keep a steady beat in 4/4 time for 3min or more.
- Other Instruments: You should know your instrument well enough to know how to find any note within a one octave range (or more), and if it is on concert pitch (‘C’ is ‘C’ as is with guitars, basses and keyboards), or Bb (eg trumpet ‘C’ is ‘Bb’), and alto sax (‘C’ is ‘Eb’).
- Kids can bring their own instruments and amplifiers, but if they don’t have an electric guitar or bass, or don’t want to haul in a full drum kit, we have guitars, basses, keyboards and drum kits for hire for £5/day or £20/4 day rock school. We provide PA’s, microphones, bass amps, stage guitar amps (for the gig), and do minor repairs (string changes, strap pin repairs, etc) on site when necessary.
Please feel free to email Baz if you have any questions